Changing your outfit from a daytime look, street- look to a night- look all in the same day can be a nightmare for a lot of people. Most of the days, I find myself having a busy day where I need to attend different functions without enough time to go back to my place and have a change of clothes. As a result, I have learnt to accessorize my outfit in such a way that is flexible for me to move around in, without all the drama of the change of clothes. I found 3 simple ways to accessorize my outfits and it worked well for me. Please see the essential accessories you need for your outfit
Accessorize your outfit with comfortable shoes
Keep at least 3 different shoes in the car, make sure it’s something you can switch your daytime look to a night one.
- Heels: I always have my heels on, preferably nude, black and gold. It is much easier to work with those colors.
- Flat sandals: Now these are a must- have! After a busy day in heels, flat sandals are a life-saver. Sometimes you just want something relaxing and be able to take a walk in a park or to run some errands.
- Sneakers: I must admit I was not a big fan of sneakers until recently when I decided to push myself out of my comfort zone. They are a big must have during the festive season, I have been attending a lot of concert and cocktail hours with friends of late and I must say, they have helped me so much to switch from my work outfit.
Accessorize your outfit with necklaces, earrings and a watch
- Necklaces: Play around with different necklaces, from a big chunk to minimalist look. Necklaces can transform your outfit to a stylish look, it all depends on how you want to play around with your outfit that day, have fun with it.
- Earrings: I normally have a high bun most of the time when I have earrings. I prefer the bigger hoops. It suits my round shaped face so well. You can wear your big earrings with a plain dress, one which doesn’t have any prints on it. Otherwise your outfit will look busy. Knobs are always simple, classy and timeless. You will never go wrong with knobs. But don’t mix them with a chunky necklace, they might lose the classy touch.
- Watch: I only started wearing watches this year and I must say, I had been mission out! I never used to understand them until I tried it out. Always have a watch in your hand, it gives your outfit a lot more of class. You can play around your colors to match your outfits. My favorite colors so far, it’s black, white and gold. They match with most of my outfits
Accessorize your outfit with bags
The best three bags to have, is a sling bag, the big bag and the clutch bag.
- Sling bag: Errands, cocktail hour, farmers market and a lot of more festive places that require a sling bag. There is nothing more annoying than having a big bag at the concert and pushing people around with it. Try and play around with different colors whilst you enjoy the fun of it.
- The big bag: When I have to go to work and have meetings with clients, the big bag comes in handy. I can put a lot of things inside it, makeup, diary and my hair brushes.
- Clutch bag: Date night, dinners and social functions. The clutch bag helps a lot to accessorize your outfit to a fancy night out. Always choose colors that will collaborate properly with your outfit.
Never be afraid to take risks with your accessories, but also try to maintain the minimalist style. An outfit is completed with proper accessories and a confident to pull it. I would love to hear your stories on how you accessorize your outfit. Please leave me a comment below and I will definitely respond to it. Much love.